Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm just a proud Dad


When I was a kid playing with Lego was my favourite indoor activity. So as a parent I have wasted no time in introducing my child to the joys of Lego. Abigail and I often build things together. It is more often I than her that does the building and Abigail likes to add pieces and animals on top. Often, if she is playing alone she will come up to me with something small she has built (often an animal on top of a couple blocks) and say "show Daddy, show Daddy."
Normally, when Abigail does something it will appear on her blog. Abigail is also an accomplished blogger. If you want to view it, then ask me for directions via email. But on this occasion Abigail did not "show Daddy." I simply discovered her construction later in the evening. For a 2 1/2 year old, I like to think that she has done an excellent job. So today, I am showing off the lego skills of my daughter. To those of you who don't have kids, you probably think "big deal!" But, hey, I'm just a proud Dad.

No comments: